Sabado, Enero 7, 2017

Chief Girl Scout Medal Scheme Project by Kharla Joy D. Denura

         Taking responsibility is a way of testing one’s self. How we deal with our responsibilities, if we can make it through until the end and how capable we are even at a young age. We may be young but we have already have responsibilities in life we choose and take.

      Applying for the Chief Girl Scout Medal Scheme Project was really not part of my plan because I am already contented in attending and joining lots of scouting activities.  I saw some Chief Girl Scout applicants before, and they are really busy of doing the 1-year community project as well as with their paper works. That experience marks in my mind that CGSMS is really a tough task and maybe I can’t do it especially that it is 1-year project.

        When I stepped in school as a Grade 9 student school year 2015-2016, there was such a time that we have a meeting with the patrol leaders in our school. Our GSP Coordinator, Tita Jasmin B. Adasa, brought the topic about the CGSMS and explain what is it all about and what will happen before and after the project. She then convinced me and 2 other patrol leaders to apply to the CGSMS. Half in my mind wants to take the opportunity and half is to decline for it is a big responsibility If I accept it. In the end I take the opportunity because I realize that other girls do it so I can do it as well.

               
        I first ask for permissions to my parents, our school principal, to the Zamboanga del Norte Council and they supported me for my project. I started making a survey to my chosen barangay. There are four fields to choose in making a project: health, environment, livelihood and culture and heritage. I choose the field of health for it is needed in the community and decided to have a feeding program and lecture on proper hand washing and table etiquette to the Day Care pupils. I started planning my project and choose the area/place where I will conducted my project, the line-up of the different activities, the launching of my project to the Barangay Officials of the chosen barangay, setting up the dates of the activities and funds for the feeding program. 
























           In the month of December, I went to Sta. Cruz Day Care Center to ask for permission for the conduction of my project and the teacher and the parents agreed and we do the initial weighing of the pupils after.I launched my project and signing of Memorandum of Agreement to the Barangay Officials of Sta. Cruz, Dapitan City and accept my project in their community and we signed the MOA together with the barangay Captain Holden M. Suarez, Dapitan City NHS Principal Jofrey B. Malana, DCNHS GSP Coordinator Jasmin B. Adasa.





































                Struggles happened when January came. I was busy in school because of school projects and presentations but I also have an obligation in my community project. I don’t know how I will managed my time because I still need to maintain my grades. In my project I will do everything that is needed but I can get some guidance and help from others. Second week of January, we prepare the food for the first feeding activity with the help of my working group and DCNHS TLE teacher Dorothy Joy Gahisan. Before we do the activity, we teach them to always pray before they eat. Third week, I conducted a lecture on proper hand washing and table etiquette to the pupils. It was fun that they were all participating and listening and my lecture and they also enjoyed the activity.

                In every activity I have to make letters to the principal, teacher of Sta. Cruz Day Care Center and the Barangay Officials. The second activity happened in February and the final feeding activity happened in March. There are some instances that I forgot to make letters earlier due to school activities so I have to make letters immediately the day before our planned date and need to be excused in our class because I don’t have any laptop to use so I need to go to our Computer Laboratory. After printing, I need to let it signed by the recipients. It was really hard in catching up my studies as well as my responsibilities in my project.






























                  I was glad because even the parents or guardians were very supportive. We get closed to the children. We take selfies and talk with them. I even asked once a girl when we were talking randomly after they eat in our feeding activity if she is happy and she said, “Yes! I’m very full!” and she then laughed. With just a simple answer, it draws a smile in my face. I can still remember that when the children know it’s our last time to have a feeding activity, another pupil asked me, “Ate, can we see you again next time?”. Her tone was somehow sad, and so I think that these children really wait for us of when we will be back in their school because we have already build friendship with them. After the final feeding activity, I need to have an initial worksheet for the upcoming evaluation.

                In the month of May-June, evaluation and turn-over ceremony happen. Then, all I do is to complete the requirements. I have to compile all the letters, documentations, complete all the necessary things needed in my worksheet. We got sleepless night together with my Co-Chief Girl Scouts applicants just to complete everything especially those days when the deadline is really near. We sometimes forgot to eat our lunch and dinner and just eat biscuits. The day before the deadline, we all do is to sit and look at the computer whole day to finish my papers.


              Through the CGSMS Project, it improves my personality. I learn how to manage my time, to be responsible, how to dress up properly, to be patient, to entertain the visitors well, to be more confident when speaking in a crowd or in public and faithful to God. Through this, I understand and realize the importance of CGSMS project. It is about developing and improving our community. It is about helping and building the unity to the community people. Yes, having the medal as an award is such a great pleasure for us for it is the highest award but it is better to work hard for it and enjoyed doing your project to the community.

                Now that I have received the highest award and officially a Chief Girl Scout, this is not the ending for serving the country and the community. I have fully accomplished my biggest responsibility yet my responsibility as a Girl Scout will not end. I should be proud of my accomplishment for this is not easy to handle but I still have my feet on the ground. And now I have passed the test in dealing and being responsible of my responsibilities.













































Thank you so much for reading my blog and please feel free to leave some comments for our improvement.

Sincerely;
Chief Girl Scout Kharla Joy D. Denura



























Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento